The Senior DevOps Engineer is a DevOps team member that manages and continuously improves the entire Apptimized infrastructure estate and the go-live process of the various SaaS products we are looking for.
The long-term role of a leading application packaging software and services provider simplifies how companies keep their apps up-to-date and secure. These next-generation services enable our global customers to conveniently manage their application estate on a modern SaaS platform and access various managed services and self-service features.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the duties and responsibilities of the Senior DevOps Engineer include:
• Enabling deployment of the in-house developed SaaS platforms and its components for both production and test/dev deployments into Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes
as well as
• Maintaining, securing, and improving the underlying hardware and software layer for production and testing environments of our SaaS applications (3rd party PaaS / IaaS), as well as our end user devices
• Managing the CI/CD pipeline for all Infrastructure as Code (IaC) as well as internal software development initiatives
• Advising on / leading DevOps projects (requirements analysis, planning, estimating, maintaining, prioritizing), including key initiatives related to security and efficiency programmes
• Monitoring security, availability, and performance of all systems to receive actionable insights regarding their security posture and vulnerabilities, as well as their efficiency and cost
• Develop and improve existing automation processes
• Documenting all infrastructure / architecture, preferably via Infrastructure as a code or using industry best practices where appropriate
• Providing Level 2 technical support
• Working with geographically dispersed teams
• Setting the benchmarks for service standards and driving change to implement them
• Manage all hardware and software infrastructure across Apptimized estate
• Convey timelines, deliverables, risks, delays, and impacts to leadership team as required.
• Report progress weekly to leadership team and other stakeholders
• 5+ years of experience working as a DevOps, Build & Release Engineer
• Practical experience with Azure and Kubernetes
• Hybrid cloud experience preferred (on-prem and Azure)
• Secure networking in Azure, keywords: App Services, SQL, K8S, WAF, NSG
• Experience with Terraform and Ansible
• Experience with Systems Engineering for Linux, exposure to systems engineering for Windows
• Experience with Docker (including Docker Compose)
• Experience with IPSec and OpenVPN
• Experience with ELK stack
• Familiarity with key management systems, esp. Azure Key Vault
• Working knowledge of common enterprise security concepts and concerns, esp. in the context of 3rd party SaaS apps
• Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the applications
• Work goal-driven rather than task-driven, meaning the ability to
• Work independently with minimal supervision on the technical level while developing close working relationships with team members as well as business stakeholders for bi-directional feedback and guidance
• Break down business goals into project plans and tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Mature, confident, and engaging personality
• English skills Upper-intermediate or better
• Education: Degree in Computer Science or similar
Would be a plus
• Experience with leading DevSecOps activities from due diligence / pentesting to delivery of hardened environments
• Familiarity with Hetzner (German 3rd party PaaS / IaaS vendor)
• Familiarity with VirtualBox / VDI
Regular and on-demand calls with Chief Technical Officer and other internal stakeholders. Participation in calls with customers and partners. Close cooperation with development team including all ceremonies of SCRUM process. Cooperation with packaging team on any infrastructure related initiatives and issues.
As experienced team member you are expected to:
• Identify areas lacking expertise and producing proposals to commit training or external education for needed areas
• Mentor the team by actively contributing to team discussions, provide input and ideas wherever appropriate
What you can count on
• Professional and friendly team.
• Good working conditions: modern office at the city center.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Medical insurance.
• Paid vacations (24 days) and sick leaves.
• Paid language and professional courses, conferences, events.
• 100% compensation for successfully passed professional certifications.
• Hybrid remote: you can choose to work from the office or fully remotely, as well as mixing these two options.